Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blog Rambling




Blogs I want to go back to:














What I have learned as I've wandered randomly through blogland: I think I'd really like living in Ireland. A great many people are so into scrapbooking (which should not even be a verb) that they devote entire blogs to it. I still don't get that. There are so many talented photographers and artists out there! Resisting hitting the 'translate' button would be a great way for me to brush up on my Spanish and French, and sometimes I even do it.

Portuguese still looks like funny Spanish to me. When I saw Four Days In September (with Alan Arkin, who should have been nominated for an Oscar for his performance), the movie was subtitled...it took me at least a third of the movie to realize why that Spanish sounded so 'different'. In my own defense however, I saw the movie right after an emergency root canal. And then I went to see The Spanish Prisoner (with an amazing performance by Steve Martin) at a different theater directly after that. David Mamet definitely messed with my mind that day. Well it was a rare weekend off from the kids and I wasn't letting a mere root canal mess it up...

You can learn a lot about a person by observing the amount of whipped cream they pile onto their pumpkin pie. There sure are a lot of Christian mothers who blog, but very few men who identify themselves as Christian fathers. When you share your birthday with a nephew, it's fun to have a garbage truck on your cake (what a great aunt this lady is!).

I've been cruising blogs to use up time until an Ebay auction I've been watching is done. While I really really really want the lot of Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper (only another rockhound would understand), it's going for over $40.00 now! I may put another bid in just for kicks, but I think there are rockhounds more insane than me that would immediately overbid me. Wait, it's up to 45.44 now! Craziness! Three minutes to go...can I restrain myself? I once had a boyfriend who lived in Morgan Hill (I am not making this up)...but the Scottish in me will keep my dollars in my pocket. One more minute...I'm not even tempted. 45 seconds...shucks I really wanted it...and it ends at $45.44. My brother lives a few miles from Morgan Hill...I'll go find my own darned poppy jasper! Guess I'll go obsess over the Crazy Lace Agate Slab instead....






No comments:

Post a Comment