Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't you want to come and play?

I've been taking care of Charlie for a week now.  I thought it would be fun to teach her to 'shake' when she gets a treat.  After all, she's great at sit and stay, so why not?  It really, really isn't happening!  She jerks her paw away and looks at me like I'm a crazy person.  I haven't given up, but...

A couple of nights ago she was on the edge of the bed (as above) and dropped her toy over the edge.  I got up and retrieved it.  As soon as I sat back down at the keyboard she dropped it again.  As I retrieved it she did a teeny doggie dance of joy and I realized...she had trained me to retrieve the toy in only two tries!  

Well today is a better day, even if I'm off to the cardiologist with daughter #3.  It is fascinating to watch her get a cardiac ultrasound, even if the reason for it is borderline terrifying.  

Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment